The Marathon des Sables is often touted as the toughest footrace on earth, a 156 miles adventure over 6 days in the Sahara desert, where temperatures can reach 50⁰c. You also have to be self-sufficient and carry all your own food and equipment for the week on your back.
I'm inspired by the work of Hope for Children and wanted to support them by raising money as part of my participation in Marathon des Sables 2019. Hope for Children passionately believes every child has the right to a happy, healthy and positive childhood. Almost half of the world’s children are vulnerable and living in poverty: Hope are improving their access to education and healthcare, empowering their families to support themselves whilst developing their confidence and self-esteem. Most importantly they are giving them hope.
Please help me help them by giving whatever you can, however large or small, using the 'Give Now' button. Please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your support and generosity, it really means the world to me, and the children, families and communities around the world that Hope for children work with.
For those of you who are based in Leeds/Yorkshire people, as an added incentive to donate, I am holding a raffle. With thanks to my sponsors who have generously donated some amazing prizes. For every £5 you donate, I will give you one entry to the raffle. Good luck!
- A pair of tickets for the Leeds Playhouse
- A pair of tickets for The Hyde Park Picture House
- A pair of tickets for the Leeds Arts Centre - LAC June production of The Mill on the Floss (runs from 27th to 29th June 2019 at the Carriageworks Theatre)
- Free entry to an It's Grim Up North Running event of your choice
- A £25 voucher from Katie and May
- 2 x 1 litres of 100% pure Canadian maple syrup.
- 3 x £5 vouchers for BAKERY164
Thanks for all your support, it means the works to me! You will also be able to send me messages of support during the racing - details to follow!